Municipal Building, 60 Margaret King Ave., Ringwood, NJ 07456 | (973) 962-7037

Home  |  Contact Us  |  Sitemap

I'm Having a Boundary Dispute With a Neighbor

Boundary disputes are civil matters between you and your neighbor. The municipality does not have jurisdiction, unless a municipal boundary is the subject of the issue. You should consult an attorney or your title company to assist you.


TIP: It's a popular misconception that the Borough has a survey for every property. Surveys are private transactions, typically ordered by the buyer at the time of acquiring a property.

The town may have a survey on file if it was provided by you or a prior owner for any number of reasons (ex. variance, septic installation, addition to a house). You would need to file an Open Public Records Request to request a copy. The form is on the homepage of the town website.

FAQ's PAGE