Community ShareCam Video Surveillance Program
The Ringwood Police Video Surveillance Program is a community safety program instituted by the Ringwood Police Department which allows both residents and businesses to partner with the police department in the fight against crime throughout the Borough. Simply by registering your home or business surveillance system with the Ringwood Police you can be an invaluable asset in solving crimes in your neighborhood. This footage will help establish leads, identify suspects and save valuable investigative time. All registered camera locations are stored in a secure database and are entered into our Records Management System allowing the police department to map out locations of cameras throughout the town. Residents and Businesses will only be contacted by Ringwood Police in the event of a crime occurring in the area of their camera coverage.
“Neighbors Helping Neighbors…Police the Community”
How to Sign Up:
Registration: Registration is easy and takes just a minute to complete. You provide basic contact information and tell us where your cameras are located and there is no cost to register.
Confirmation: Once you completed the registration, a member of the Ringwood Police Department will follow up with you to confirm your information.
Call for Assistance: The Ringwood Police will only contact you if there is a criminal incident in the area of your security cameras. Police personnel may request a copy of any video captured by your cameras, which may assist in the investigation.
Terms and Conditions:
Video Surveillance programs help our community through the partnering of residents and business owners with the Ringwood Police Department. By joining our Community ShareCam program the registrants agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Any video footage collected by the Ringwood Police Department relating to criminal activity may be used in the investigation and as evidence during any stage of the criminal proceeding.
- Video footage provided to the Ringwood Police is reserved for official use only.
- Under no circumstances shall registrants construe that they are acting as an agent/ or employee of the Ringwood Police Department through the Community ShareCam program.
- When necessary, the Ringwood Police Department will contact you directly using the information you have provided to obtain surveillance video footage.
- You agree not to release any video footage or still images to the media or social media without consulting with the Ringwood Police Department.
Back to Police Department Home Page
Back to Borough Home Page